A DREAM : How to Position ourselves in the last days. How to approach & look at the most significant event of our lives
VERY Important to know regarding dreams, is that it is very specific, yet, also only sharing IN PART…. We therefore focus here only on THIS dream & a partial interpretation pertaining to it.
In this dream, I believe GOD wants to give us encouragement and put our minds at rest regarding the uncertainty of “the last days.” He wants to bring us to a place of hope, peace & trusting-rest in Him. He does not want us to become anxious about the time approaching before His coming. He reassures us that He is at all times with us and knows what is about to happen. He is after all the orchestrator of it all
I saw this dream in 3 sections – CENTER, RIGHT & LEFT
CENTER: We are part of a big group of Believers that are gathered at a specific place. Although everyone is very much at peace, there is a sense of expectation. We all have been given a paper bag full of necessities – food and other things – to last for this specific ‘period’ in time. It is the day after a good friends birth day – in the beginning of the year….
RIGHT: I am in a wave… swimming towards the shore of a small cosy little beach… I keep on repeating riding the waves ; enjoying it very much, although I have to negotiate my approach to the shore seeing that there are some rocks at the right & left of the beach. As body surfing is something that I really very much enjoy in real life; this then actually does apply to something most enjoyable in my life.
LEFT: The group of Believers are experiencing a change in the weather. We look at the sky and sense a very different weather pattern. The wind starts to blow heavily & we start seeing small animals… miniature male ostriches & porcupine with their feathers & quills blown in all directions by the wind!!! Also some antelope coming from the left, are running to the right of where we are facing this scene. It is as if the wind blows them in a specific direction. The scene moves from the left(spiritual.. & unknown) to the right… We are facing NORTH.
Explanation of Dream:
CENTER : NOW – TRUST & PEACE
I believe God wants to encourage us that He will provide for us in all areas of life until the Day of His coming. We will experience His guidance, protection & peace to be with us. Life…as it is… will apply. Birthdays will still matter… normal life will carry on… we need to keep on “doing life” together till the end and we are to keep each other knitted to His remnant.
3 We ought and indeed are obligated to give thanks always to God… because your faith is growing exceedingly and the love of every one of you each toward the others is increasing and abounds.
4 And this is a cause of our mentioning you with pride among the churches (assemblies) of God for your steadfastness (your unflinching endurance and patience) and your firm faith in the midst of all the persecutions and crushing distresses and afflictions under which you are holding up.
RIGHT : Physical LIFE as it is now – HIS GOODNESS
We must focus on all the GOOD He has given us, in what and also there where He has placed us. To keep on enjoying the blessings, favor and opportunities that comes from Him. We should not allow the waves of lives’ experiences & challenges to stop us, but we should rather change our attitude, get equipped & “ ride these waves”; making the most of every opportunity & use our giftings to the glory of His name through thanksgiving & praise. WE NEED to KEEP OUR FOCUS on HIM & on what HE IS DOING. KEEP the SHORE in the eye… as we also should be wise in negotiating around the difficulties; together with His wisdom & SKILL already provided through training as He allowed the different processes in our life. DON’T allow fear to stop you from riding those waves… trust in Him & the abilities that He graced you with…
He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus.
Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the LORD, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.
Rev 19:6 After that I heard what sounded like the shout of a vast throng, like the boom of many pounding waves, and like the roar of terrific and mighty peals of thunder, exclaiming, Hallelujah (praise the Lord)! For now the Lord our God the Omnipotent (the All-Ruler) reigns!
LEFT : Spiritual – our weaker side… the unknown – EXPECTANCY
YES… we will sense something… the heavens & the earth knows the voice of the Creator… Nature cries out & will respond to His presence… Although the Word says that He will come as a thief in the night… the Word also says that His sheep knows His voice… & will recognize His presence… The “adult” ostriches tells me that the time will be full… nature will be at its end… desperate for its renewal as the new heaven & earth come down
Then I saw a single angel stationed in the sun’s light, and with a mighty voice he shouted to all the birds that fly across the sky, Come, gather yourselves together for the great supper of God…
Rev 22:10 And he [further] told me, Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book and make no secret of them, for the time when things are brought to a crisis and the period of their fulfillment is near.
Rev 22:6 … And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His messenger (angel) to make known and exhibit to His servants what must soon come to pass.
A VISION : CHRIST ON DISPLAY & the UNBLEMISHED BRIDE
I SAW A huge billboard outside a church facing the main entry with the following slogan:
1.“CHRIST ON DISPLAY” 2. “UNBLEMISHED BRIDE”
All around in the parking area, are stalls, each one representing one of the attributes of Christ. These are the characteristics that we would wish to display to the world & tell them more about. These stalls are out in the open; there where anyone can come & feel free to inquire of & find out more about JESUS CHRIST
Inside the church are different stalls representing the different ministries; informing what the church does & what these ministries involves. Together it forms the whole Body of Christ in all its facets.
EXPLAINING VISION – 1. “CHRIST ON DISPLAY”
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL THE WORLD ABOUT CHRIST?
1. Jesus of Nazareth – In His HUMANITY – He was completely human
Mat 1:23 “BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD, AND BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,” which is translated, “God with us.” Mar 1:9 It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
2. Jesus Christ – The Messiah, Anointed One – As MEDIATOR – He is all in all
Mar 16:6 But he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him.
Eph 1:22-23 22 And He has put all things under His feet and has appointed Him the universal and supreme Head of the church [a headship exercised throughout the church], [Ps. 8:6.] 23 Which is His body, the fullness of Him WHO FILLS ALL IN ALL [for in that body lives the full measure of Him Who makes everything complete, and Who fills everything everywhere with Himself].
3. Jesus Christ – The BREAD OF LIFE:
TO EAT & FEED ON, PROVIDER, GOOD SHEPHERD, HEALER – BALM OF GILEAD, THE ANSWER, our REFUGE & HIDING PLACE. HIS MERCY & GRACE ENDURES FOREVER.
Joh 6:35 Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time).
4. Jesus Christ – THE LAMB of GOD:
SLAINED LAMB, REDEEMER, FORGIVING, CRUCIFIED & ASCENDED ON HIGH. SEATED AT the RIGHT HAND OF THE FEATHER. ETERNALLY INTERCEDING FOR US and RECEIVING OUR PRAYERS.
Joh 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming to him and said, Look! There is the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world!
5. Jesus Christ – SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD:
SEEKING to SAVE THE LOST, The RESURECTION & ETERNAL LIFE, LIGHT of the NATIONS… OUR PEACE… OUR ONLY RIGHTEOUSNESS
Luk 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost.
6. Jesus Christ; LORD – In HIS DEITY also Creator God
Rev 22:16 “I am the Root (the Source) and the Offspring of David, the radiant and brilliant Morning Star. The Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last – the Before all and the End of all” LION OF JUDAH, RIGHTEOUS JUDGE, ETERNAL KING…
7. Jesus Christ – ETERNAL SON OF THE FATHER: “HE CALLED HIM FATHER”
Because Jesus is the 1st of many sons/daughters of the Father we need to find out MORE WHAT it MEANS to be a son or daugter of the Most High God
Eph 2:4 But God–so rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us, Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for]
Eph 2:18 For it is through Him that we both [whether far off or near] now have an introduction (access) by one [Holy] Spirit to the Father [so that we are able to approach Him].
What is piercing your heart for Christ’s sake?
What moves you to humble yourself before His awesome greatness?
Who or what will move us – if not self?
What is our testimony & witness about Him?
EXPLAINING VISION -2. “UNBLEMISHED BRIDE”
(24) Now to Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]–
THE LORD BEFORE US; OUR REAR GUARD as HE send us
(10) The LORD has made bare His holy arm In the eyes of all the nations; And all the ends of the earth shall see The salvation of our God. (11) Depart! Depart! Go out from there, Touch no unclean thing; Go out from the midst of her, Be clean, You who bear the vessels of the LORD.(12) … For the LORD will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard. (13) Behold, My Servant shall deal prudently; He shall be exalted and extolled and be very high.
WHAT SHOULD WE BE BUSY WITH AS THE UNBLEMISHED BRIDE?
A. PUTTING THE FOCUS & SPOTLIGHT ON CHRIST – reverence, pursuing holiness
Isa 52:6 Therefore My people shall know My name; Therefore they shall know in that day That I am He who speaks: ‘Behold, it is I.’ “
Holiness will position us in the place for “the greater works” beyond Christ’s resurrection & in the power of His resurrection. We need healing in our physical bodies, but also “healing” in the Body of Christ unto Holiness: Consecration, being set apart, speaking what He speaks, doing what He does…
B. MINISTRIES of the BELIEVING BRIDE
“MISSIONS”: WORKS of FAITH, FEEDING THE POOR, CARING FOR THE WIDOWS and ORPHANS, MINSTRY TO THE IMPRISONED, CARING FOR THE SICK, BRINGING IN THE HARVEST-SEEK & SAVE THE LOST
“PRAYER & WORSHIP”: WATCHMEN – FILLING UP THE LAMPS – KEEP THE FLAME BURNING, STANDING IN THE GAP; WORSHIP – THANKSGVING, PRAISE & ADORATION.
“GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT” at WORK: WORDS of KNOWLEDGE and WISDOM, DESCERNING of SPIRITS, GIFT of FAITH and HEALING, WORKING of MIRACLES, TONGUES, INTERPRETATION of TONGUES, PROPHECY – PROPHETIC INTERCESSION: SIGNS, WONDERS… WORDS OF EDIFICATION
“SERVING & GIVING”: FINANCES & STEWARDSHIP, BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING, FAVOUR RECIEVED & RELEASED, HELPING and GREETING, MEETING THE NEED, COMFORT & COUNCIL, CARING
“NEXT GENERATIONS”: CHILDREN, YOUTH, YOUNG ADULTS
“LEADERSHIP”: GUIDING & TEACHING, EDUCATE & EQUIP, DISCIPLINE & ENCOURAGE, INSTRUCT & GUARD, EXAMPLE & LEADING, FEEDING the SHEEP
C. THE BODY LOOKING OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER
Two young men having a healthy wrestling match on the grass outside the church – building some muscles while playing & matching up their strengths, using their skill & enjoying a time of good, solid bonding. As they went closer to a steep slope one fell off, BUT immediately the other one – standing on the higher ground, stretch out his hand & arms to catch & rescue his fellow.
Explanation: We should exercise boldness to speak truth into each other’s lives, shaping, moulding & exercising our faith-walk-muscles in trust, love & grace – in caring for one another. We need each other to look out for one another & snatch from the fire. We need this family of God – where else can you trust like this, feel secured & cherished, build into & mentored in grace; while remembering we are all still learning about this “faith walk”
D. PERSISTANCE: The GOOD NEWS of Christ PROCLAIMED TO ALL – yet few will believe it!
Isa 52:15 So shall He sprinkle many nations. Kings shall shut their mouths at Him; For what had not been told them they shall see, And what they had not heard they shall consider.
Isa 53:1 Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
3. TELLING HIS STORY AS IT IS:
THANKSGIVING FOR WHAT HE’S DONE FOR US
(3) He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. (4) Surely He has borne our grieves, And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. (5) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
(10) Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.(11) He shall see the labour of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities. (12) … Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.
A CALL TO EXUBERANT PRAISE
Isa 52: 7-8 (7) How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” (8) Your watchmen shall lift up their voices, With their voices they shall sing together; For they shall see eye to eye When the LORD brings back Zion.(9) Break forth into joy, sing together, You waste places of Jerusalem! For the LORD has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem.
PREACH THE WORD, EXHORT, WARN: CALL NATIONS & LOST SOULS UNTO OBEDIENCE
(5) Surely you shall call a nation you do not know, And nations who do not know you shall run to you, Because of the LORD your God, And the Holy One of Israel; For He has glorified you.” (6) Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
A CALL for ALL TO COME TO REPENTANCE
(7) Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
KNOW THAT HIS WORD WILL GO OUT & PERFORM HIS WORD AS YOU OBEY HIS CALL TO GO by FAITH
(8) “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. (9) “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. (10) “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,
(11) So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
TELLING THE STORY & TESTIFY – TELL YOUR OWN STORY – Testify boldly about all His faithfulness & good He has done…
Vision 3 :
Two coals. One is already burnt out & cold. The other one is still very hot & burning.
Explanation: The 1st coal represents compromising words that tickle the ear. The 2nd coal that we need to put on our tongues is the pure unadulterated Word of God, the truth that sets us free, the letter/law/truth of just & Godly living. It should be more important to us what Christ said than what people and the world suggests.
And now, I commit you to God [I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And I commend you to the Word of His grace [to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favour]. It is able to build you up and to give you [your rightful] inheritance among all God’s set-apart ones (those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul).
(3) Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (4) Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted. (5) Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
(6) Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. (7) Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. (8) Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. (9) Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. (10) Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (11) Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
(12) Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.