Psalm 68 (KJV & AMPL)
DAVID ASK GOD TO ARISE and APPEAR IN ALL HIS GREATNESS, PRAISE & STRENGTH
(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm or Song of David.
Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.
(2) As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melt before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
(3) But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
(4) Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that ride upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.
(5) A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.
(6) God set the solitary in families: he brings out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
VERSES : 7-14
DAVID GIVES PRAISE & THANKSGIVING TO GOD FOR THE GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE FOR HIM, THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL & THESE PEOPLE OF OLD…. ALSO THAT HIS MERCIES OF THE PAST WILL REMIND US THAT HIS MERCIES ARE TRUE NOW
(7) O God, when You went forth before Your people, when You marched through the wilderness
(8) The earth trembled, the heavens also poured down [rain] at the presence of God; yonder Sinai quaked at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
(9) You, O God, did send a plentiful rain; You did restore and confirm Your heritage when it languished and was weary.
(10) Your flock found a dwelling place in it; You, O God, in Your goodness did provide for the poor and needy.
(11) The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it. (KJV)
(11) The Lord gives the word [of power]; the women who bear and publish [the news] are a great host. (Ampl)
(12) The kings of the enemies’ armies, they flee, they flee! She who tarries at home divides the spoil [left behind].
(13) Though you [the slackers] may lie among the sheepfolds [in slothful ease, yet for Israel] the wings of a dove are covered with silver, its pinions excessively green with gold [are trophies taken from the enemy].
… wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold.(KJV)
(14) When the Almighty scattered kings in [the land], it was as when it snows on Zalmon [a wooded hill near Shechem].
VERSES :15 – 21
HERE, DAVID THANK & PRAISE GOD ESPECIALLY FOR BEING THE GOD of ZION – A SMALL HILL, CHOSEN BY GOD TO DWELL ON; AS A TOKEN OF HIS PECULIAR PRESENCE
(15) Is Mount Bashan the high mountain of summits, Mount Bashan [east of the Jordan] the mount of God?
(16) Why do you look with grudging and envy, you many-peaked mountains, at the mountain [of the city called Zion] which God has desired for His dwelling place? Yes, the Lord will dwell in it forever.
(17) The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands upon thousands. The Lord is among them as He was in Sinai, [so also] in the Holy Place (the sanctuary in Jerusalem).
(18) You have ascended on high. You have led away captive a train of vanquished foes; You have received gifts of men, yes, of the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell there with them. [Eph_4:8]
(19) Blessed be the Lord, Who bears our burdens and carries us day by day, even the God Who is our salvation! Selah
(20) God is to us a God of deliverances and salvation; and to God the Lord belongs escape from death [setting us free].
VERSES : 22-31 (1)
GRACIOUS PROMISES OF GOD OF THE REDEMPTION OF HIS PEOPLE & THEIR VICTORY OVER THEIR ENEMIES. HE PROMISES THAT HE WILL DO GREAT THINGS FOR THEM (2) HIS PEOPLE WILL START TO DICOVERY HIS GRACE IN HIS WORKS & WORD(3) HIS POWERFUL INVITATION & INTRODUCTION INTO HIS KINGDOM; FOR THE GENTILES TO COME IN
(22) The Lord said, I will bring back [your enemies] from Bashan; I will bring them back from the depths of the [Red] Sea,
(24) They see Your goings, O God, even the [solemn processions] of my God, my King, into the sanctuary [in holiness].
(25) The singers go in front, the players on instruments last; between them the maidens are playing on tambourines.
(26) Bless, give thanks, and gratefully praise God in full congregations, even the Lord, O you who are from [Jacob] the fountain of Israel.
(28) Your God has commanded your strength [your might in His service and impenetrable hardness to temptation]; O God, display Your might and strengthen what You have wrought for us!
(29) [Out of respect] for Your temple at Jerusalem kings shall bring gifts to You.
(31) Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall hasten to stretch out her hands [with the offerings of submission] to God.
VERSES : 32-35
HERE WE FIND A PASIONATE INVITATION TO THE GENTILES TO COME & JOIN IN PRAISE OF HIS GREATNESS, POWER & STRENGTH
(32) Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, sing praises to the Lord!
(33) [Sing praises] to Him Who rides upon the heavens, the ancient heavens; behold, He sends forth His voice, His mighty voice.
(34) Ascribe power and strength to God; His majesty is over Israel, and His strength and might are in the skies.
(35) O God, awe-inspiring, profoundly impressive, and terrible are You out of Your holy places; the God of Israel Himself gives strength and fullness of might to His people. Blessed be God!
GOD BLESS & KEEP YOU IN HIS PEACE
Α – Ω